Monday, November 4, 2013

Getting ready for the sail

It's time for another sailing adventure. Elder son, Green, is bringing the family home, a 44' ketch (sailboat), down to Florida for the winter! Because it is already freezing and the weather is not fabulous for a family cruise south, Green and one or 2 other guys and I will get the boat down south as fast as is reasonably possible. Jen and the girls will drive south and join Green at some anchorage on the east coast of Florida.

Having ordered a second pair of long underwear and knitted myself a hat with earflaps, I think I am ready for the trip. I've got sea boots, foulies, gloves, hats, heavy socks, books, a knitting project, various medicines for potential emergencies, candied ginger, pet recipes, and lots more crammed into my duffel bag. Oh, and my hot water bottle for frozen feet.

Thursday, November 7, I will catch the 5 AM flight from Gainesville and be in Providence, RI, by 9:15. My sister, Murge, will meet me and deliver me to Newport. After final provisioning and stowing of gear, we hope to set sail on the tail end of a cold front, hopefully on November 9. We will wait for the weather.


1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip, Troid! I'll be following your progress.

    ReplyDelete