Sunday, November 17, 2013

Wednesday, November 13, 2013   New Jersey Coast to Maryland Coast

In the last 24 hours we sailed about 169 miles! Zooming! 
Still on 2 hours watches because of the cold. Passed Barnagate Light, Atlantic City, Deleware Bay and Ocean City. By afternoon it was MUCH warmer. We had hoped for hot showers but because of the boat's heeling onto the port side the boiler vent was still underwater. No hot water, no cabin heat.

I laughed out loud when I listed all the clothes I have been wearing while on watch.
1. Underwear
2. 2 prs heavy socks
3. Long underwear
4. Corduroy pants
5. Foul weather overalls
6. Turtleneck
7. Thin fleece
8. Fleece vest
9. Heavy sweater
10. Foul weather jacket with hood
11. 2 hats
12. Scarf
13. Winter double gloves
14. Safety harness 
15. And when it's really cold, my tiny daughter-in-law's hooded down jacket that is 2 sizes too small for me.

I could scarcely move and still froze to the core in 2 hours of watch.
 Get on those gloves!

No comments:

Post a Comment